Assigned by the Uddokta project of iDE Global, the Market Analysis on Youth Employment in Sylhet Division has been conducted in 4 districts of the Sylhet division – Sylhet, Moulvibazar, Habiganj, and Sunamganj.
Objectives of the study
The broad objective of the study is to identify climate-smart value chains (adaptation, mitigation, greenhouse gas reduction (GHG) potentiality, supporting diversification and value addition, provision of climate-smart production technologies, and nature-based solutions) employment opportunities, and skills in demand in the Sylhet region. The study is designed and executed with four major objectives:
- To assess the labor market (especially youth and women) and the potential of the sectors/markets particularly the climate-smart sector in the project location because of generating business and employment opportunities for the out-of-job youth population.
- To map out market actors of the climate-smart sector and the value chains that are associated with it.
- To identify the opportunities for inclusion of lead firms/private sector partners in the identified growth sectors and their potential to strengthen the markets of the selected regions.
- To identify the opportunities for linkage between existing incubator/accelerator programs (access to finance) and their efficacy and success rate.
Methodology of the study
- Climate landscape analysis in Sylhet, Habiganj, Sunamganj and Moulvibazar district.
- Assessment of labor market and identify potential climate-smart sector
- Mapping out climate-smart sector-related market actors
- Identification of lead firms/private sectors for green employment opportunities.