Nature-based solutions involve climate change adaptation, mitigation, disaster risk reduction, and climate-smart development with the protection, restoration, and/or management of and natural ecosystem services in climate-vulnerable rural and urban ecology in terms of protecting infrastructure, agriculture, forest, water resources while drawing in zero carbon and enriching biodiversity.
The NbS Center aims to experiment with nature-based initiatives in Bangladesh to contribute to climate change adaptation, mitigation, disaster risk reduction, climate-smart development, and low-carbon development with a sustainable financial window.
The activities of the NbS Center
- Collating and generating scientific and community-led ecosystem-based evidence of Nature-based solutions to promote flood-resilient, salinity-resilient, and drought-resilient communities.
- Experiment on erosion protection measures through Nature-based Solutions.
- Generating resilient livelihoods through Nature-based Solutions.
- Integrated Water Resource Management in salinity and drought-affected areas through the introduction of Nature-based Solutions.
- Promoting climate risk recovery support through BLUE CARBON economy.