Center for People & Environ (CPE) is conducting study to capture the knowledge and lessons on effectiveness of disaster especially flood risk reduction and climate change adaptation interventions from flood prone eight districts (Habiganj, Sunamgaj, Netrokona, Kishorganj, Sirajganj, Jamalpur, Gaibandha and Kurigram).
Objectives of the study
The broad objective of the study is to capture the effectiveness of capacity-building effort, risk reduction and contingency systems, the climate change adaptation measures, and the effectiveness of disaster-resilient infrastructure interventions of the program within the positive gender lens and its contribution in enhancing women empowerment. The specific objectives of the study are as:
- To assess the contribution of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) activities in positive change among household, communities, and institutions with regards to risk reduction and adaptation procedures.
- To document the extent of capability of women in decision making regarding DRR and CCA related practices for risk identification and reduction in the communities.
- To assess the extent of DRR and CCA activities to reduce the impacts of flooding and other shocks during the last six years.
- To assess the effectiveness and sustainability of the DRR infrastructure in mitigating the flooding and other shocks.
- To assess the effectiveness and barriers of the program and market based DRR and CCA outcomes, approach, interventions, and service models and way forward to continue beyond the program period.
Methodology of the study
- Literature review, policy and strategy analysis
- Application of artificial intelligence to analyze river trajectory changes.
- Measurement of land erosion and deposition.
- Community vulnerability MATRIX development.
- Disaster and climate change impact MATRIX development.
- Resilience MATRIX development.
- Measure of loss and damage
- Power analysis for women empowerment