Center for people and Environ (CPE) has conducted the study to support CBM Global in designing and planning of a Community Based Inclusive Development Programme on Disability Inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction (DIDRR) in Khulna District, Bangladesh through policy analysis, stakeholder analysis, disaster vulnerability analysis, climate vulnerability and capacity analysis (CVCA) and stakeholder consultation.
Objectives of the study
The overall objective of the study was to provide the support information and elements for planning a new relevant, feasible and sustainable project: The specific objectives of the study were as follows:
- To identify and understand the situation and challenges in Khulna and Bagerhat District.
- To gather support information to formulate a strategic overview of the project goals.
- To provide convincing arguments for justifying the initiation of the DiDRR project in Khulna and Bagerhat District.
- To provide an information basis for requesting and planning suitable resources to meet project goals.
- To creating a basis of joint ownership and understanding with potential partners or target group/s.
1. Methodology of the study
- Collection, review and analysis of long term climate and weather data of key climate parameters to show the trends of change and impacts on biodiversity, natural resources, water resources, agricultural practices, food security and livelihoods;
- Review of secondary documents, national and international strategy, policies and plans
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection considering PESTLE Analysis (Political factors, Economic factors, Social factors, Technological factors, Legal factors and Environmental factors).
- Climate vulnerability and Capacity Assessment (CVCA) at individual, household, community and institutional level
- Disaster vulnerability assessment.
- KAP Analysis
- Institutional mapping and stakeholder analysis
- Disability inclusive Disaster Resilient village model development using artificial intelligence.
For more information
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org